Re: postgres database crashed

От Markus Schaber
Тема Re: postgres database crashed
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi, Ashish,

Ashish Goel wrote:
> But the same code worked when I inserted around 2500 images in the
> database. After that it started crashing.

Testing can never prove that there are no bugs.

It's like the proof that all odd numbers above 1 are prime:

3 is prime, 5 is prime, 7 is prime, so I conclude that all odd numbers
above 1 are prime.

So , I don't think it's
> because of error in the code. Can u suggest some other possible reasons
> and also why is it crashing at call to memcpy().

- broken hardware
- compiler bugs
- bugs in PostgreSQL

But without having seen your code, I tend to assume that it's something
like a wrong length flag in some corner case in your code.

Markus

www.nosoftwarepatents.org