Re: walprotocol.h vs frontends

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: walprotocol.h vs frontends
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Perhaps we should change the protocol so that it explicitly says which
> file the streamed piece of WAL belongs to. That way a client could write
> it to the correct file without knowing about all those macros.

Yeah, maybe.  Otherwise, all that logic is not only implicitly part of
the protocol, but essentially impossible to change because it'll be
hard-coded into clients.  I wasn't too worried about this before because
I supposed that only walsender and walreceiver really needed to know
anything about it.  If Magnus is busy coding something else that speaks
that protocol, we have a problem.  (Assuming we believe his use-case is
sane, that is.)

Сообщение: Re: walprotocol.h vs frontends
Сообщение: Re: walprotocol.h vs frontends