Re: Hints WAS: Index Tuning Features

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: Hints WAS: Index Tuning Features
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Mark,

> That is sort of the stopping block. None of us "know" what it should look
> like, but leaving the topic as "if you want it, go do the work and submit
> a patch." Isn't going to get it done.
>
> First we should decide if it is, in fact, something that ought to happen,
> then if that happens, we should think about what it should be.

Well, that's what the *rest* of us are doing on the two threads ...
here, and "Simple Join Optimized Badly" on performance.  You're the only
one who seems to want others to do the specification work for him.
Start making suggestions, and stop criticizing the process.

And, to give you a starting point: the discussion has morphed into:
"What manual ways can we come up with for the DBA to influence the
planner and fix planner "bugs" which won't have the fragility of
query-based hints ala Oracle?"

--Josh Berkus