Re: Hi, For the UTF-8 encoding

От stevegy
Тема Re: Hi, For the UTF-8 encoding
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi Martijn,

I had changed my Solaris locale setting to zh_CN.UTF-8. I modified the /etc/default/init LANG=zh_CN.UTF-8 and reboot. initdb a new database used the encoding UTF8, but the sort order is wrong on the Solaris.

I dig into the TODO list on the postgreSQL web site. The Multi-Language Support ssection I found some resource like this: http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2006-09/msg00662.php

I guess the encoding of UTF-8 support is not stable right now in PostgreSQL. But, on my windows box, 8.1.4 handle the utf8 sorting good. What can I do now? waiting for some kind of patch?

-- Steve Yao

-----原始邮件-----
发件人:"Martijn van Oosterhout"
发送时间:2006-10-04 17:42:00
收件人:"stevegy"
抄送:pgsql-general@postgresql.org
主题:Re: [GENERAL] Hi, ever

On Wed, Oct 04, 2006 at 07:50:12AM +0800, stevegy wrote:

> My testing database is initdb -E UTF8. And  i guess the solaris can

> not handle the UTF-8 sorting with the LC_COLLATE="zh_CN.GB18030". But

> i need to prove this.

A locale can only handle one charset, usually the one given by "locale

charset". So if it handles sorting in GB18030 then by definition it

can't handle UTF-8.

> So i plan to change the locale of my solaris box. I have installed

> the zh_CN.UTF8 on it. I am looking for a way to change the solaris

> locale. If this changing need to re-boot machine that I should do

> this in some not busy time for the live application.

The locale is not a global setting. If you set the LANG or LC_ALL

variable, it will change the locale of any program run with that

environment variable. The default is the "C" locale.

Have a nice day,

> From each according to his ability. To each according to his ability to litigate.

美 女 看 了 就 想 要 ( 图 )
绝 对 另 类 ! 和 老 婆 长 假 期 间 的 败 家 记 录 ( 组 图 )