Re: PostgreSQL Database Transfer between machines(again)

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: PostgreSQL Database Transfer between machines(again)
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Brian J. Erickson wrote:
>>> You can boot from any rescue CD, mount the partition, copy the database
>>> directory away and then copy it back once you have reinstalled. This is
>>> safe because it is on the same machine. It is not safe to copy the
>>> database to some arbitrary computer and expect it to run.
> That is basically the plan but I want to make sure that I have all of the
> data.
>
>> O.k. hold on... are you getting any errors in /var/log/messages?
> Here is some of the "/var/log/messages" file

That's odd. Have you tried removing /etc/mtab manually and rebooting?
does the problem still occur? As far as PostgreSQL... you need to look
in to postgresql logs.

Did you compile from source? What version of Linux is this?

Joshua D. Drake

             http://www.commandprompt.com/