Re: pg_dump exclusion switches and functions/types

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: pg_dump exclusion switches and functions/types
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Richard Huxton wrote:

> Is there a reason why pg_dump can't do the --list/--use-list flags
> like pg_restore, or is it just a matter of round tuits?

The major reason for having those features as I understand it was to
help overcome dependency difficulties in dumps, which are now largely a
thing of the past.

However, ISTM that a similar facility for fine grained control could
fairly easily be built into pg_dump.

cheers

andrew