Re:     H

От stevegy
Тема Re:     H
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi Martijn,

I have changed the locale to LANG=zh_CN.UTF-8;export LANG first, stop the pgsql, and issue the command:
initdb -D ./data -E UTF8 --locale=zh_CN.UTF-8 --lc-collate=zh_CN.UTF-8 -U postgres -W
so i get a fresh new data cluster in this ./data, then I pg_ctl start -D ./data, psql to create the utf8 encoding database:

CREATE DATABASE "Recruit"
  WITH OWNER = recruit
       ENCODING = 'UTF-8'; -- the owner has been created before this sql

pg_restore -d Recruit ./backup/r2.tar

psql and \c Recruit
\encoding gb18030
-- i will not read the Chinese characters in client mode without this setting on my solaris 10, maybe there's something about the font mapping.

select cname from t_resume order by cname;
and then i get the wrong order result.

I really want to know why the server side encoding for GB18030 is not supported?

Thank you.

-- Steve Yao