Re:    Hi,&nbs

От stevegy
Тема Re:    Hi,&nbs
Список pgsql-general

Any suggestions?

-- Steve Yao

-----原始邮件-----
发件人:"Martijn van Oosterhout"
发送时间:2006-10-04 17:42:00
收件人:"stevegy"
抄送:pgsql-general@postgresql.org
主题:Re: [GENERAL] Hi, ever

On Wed, Oct 04, 2006 at 07:50:12AM +0800, stevegy wrote:

> My testing database is initdb -E UTF8. And i guess the solaris can

> not handle the UTF-8 sorting with the LC_COLLATE="zh_CN.GB18030". But

> i need to prove this.

A locale can only handle one charset, usually the one given by "locale

charset". So if it handles sorting in GB18030 then by definition it

can't handle UTF-8.

> So i plan to change the locale of my solaris box. I have installed

> the zh_CN.UTF8 on it. I am looking for a way to change the solaris

> locale. If this changing need to re-boot machine that I should do

> this in some not busy time for the live application.

The locale is not a global setting. If you set the LANG or LC_ALL

variable, it will change the locale of any program run with that

environment variable. The default is the "C" locale.

Have a nice day,

--

Martijn van Oosterhout <kleptog@svana.org> http://svana.org/kleptog/

> From each according to his ability. To each according to his ability to litigate.

3G 时 代 来 临 了,坚 决 对 传 统 邮 箱 说 不 !
新 一 代 极 速 3G 邮 箱 闪 亮 登 场 ,280 兆 网 盘 免 费 送 ! 点 击 此 处 注 册