Re: abort()/segfault when starting postgres in inaccessible CWD

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: abort()/segfault when starting postgres in inaccessible CWD
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
> Starting postgres with a CWD that's not readable will trigger an Assert
> and if those are disabled it presumably will segfault.

Yeah, we've discussed that before.  I'm not sure it's worth fixing,
or that it could be counted on to stay fixed even if we removed the
current source(s) of trouble.

There's a bigger problem with the scenario you show, which is that the
postmaster is started with root's environment variables not postgres'.
That's likely to lead to assorted surprises that we can't really do
anything about, even if we fixed the CWD issue.  So I'm inclined to think
this scenario is a "don't do that".

Having said that, though, it seems like a bad idea to be calling
set_pglocale_pgservice() before palloc is functional.  It's not at all
obvious that that function can't be allowed to use palloc.