Re: BUG #2658: Query not using index

От Graham Davis
Тема Re: BUG #2658: Query not using index
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
The "summary table" approach maintained by triggers is something we are
considering, but it becomes a bit more complicated to implement.
Currently we have groups of new positions coming in every few seconds or
less.  They are not guaranteed to be in order.  So for instance, a group
of positions from today could come in and be inserted, then a group of
positions that got lost from yesterday could come in and be inserted
afterwards.

This means the triggers would have to do some sort of logic to figure
out if the newly inserted position is actually the most recent by
timestamp.  If positions are ever deleted or updated, the same sort of
query that is currently running slow will need to be executed in order
to get the new most recent position.  So there is the possibility that
new positions can be inserted faster than the triggers can calculate
and  maintain the summary table.  There are some other complications
with maintaining such a summary table in our system too, but I won't get
into those.

Right now I'm just trying to see if I can get the query itself running
faster, which would be the easiest solution for now.

Graham.

--
Graham Davis
Refractions Research Inc.

Сообщение: Re: BUG #2658: Query not using index
Сообщение: Re: BUG #2658: Query not using index