Re: Determining size of a database before dumping

От Steve Wampler
Тема Re: Determining size of a database before dumping
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Madison Kelly wrote:
> Hi all,
>
>   I am (re)writing a backup program and I want to add a section for
> backing up pSQL DBs. In the planning steps (making sure a given
> destination has enough space) I try to calculate how much space will be
> needed by a 'pg_dump' run *before* actually dumping it.

I suppose:

   pg_dump $PGD_OPTIONS | wc -c

isn't efficient enough, right?  Without knowing the options you plan
to use with pg_dump (compression?  dump just tables?, etc.) this is
going to be hard to get a decent estimate from...

--
Steve Wampler -- swampler@noao.edu