Re: Another modest proposal for docs formatting: catalog descriptions

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Another modest proposal for docs formatting: catalog descriptions
Дата
Re: Another modest proposal for docs formatting: catalogdescriptions  (Fabien COELHO <coelho@cri.ensmp.fr>)
Список pgsql-docs
Fabien COELHO <coelho@cri.ensmp.fr> writes:
>> Here's a more fully fleshed out draft for this, with stylesheet
>> markup to get extra space around the column type names.

> I find this added spacing awkward, espacially as attribute names are
> always one word anyway. I prefer the non spaced approach.

It's certainly arguable that that look is too heavy-handed.  In the
attached, I knocked down the extra space from 1em to 0.25em, which
makes it quite a bit subtler --- are you any happier with this?

BTW, I don't think it's very accurate that "attribute names are
always one word" --- see the second attachment.  Here if anything
I'm wanting a little more space.

> If spacing is discussed, should the layout rather try to align type
> information, eg:

I thought about that, but it seems extremely close to some of the
earlier function-table layouts that were so widely panned.  The SGML
source would have to be a lot uglier too, probably with explicit use
of spanspec's on every row.  It could be done no doubt, but I think
people would not see it as an improvement.

            regards, tom lane

Вложения