Re: libedit broke in head

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: libedit broke in head
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:
>> It seems I am unable to compile libedit support in -HEAD
>
> On what platform, and with what version of libedit?  I built HEAD just
> yesterday on a vanilla Darwin/Intel 10.4.7 machine with Apple's libedit.
>
>> Configured with:
>>  ./configure --with-libedit-preferred --without-readline
>
> Not sure that combination of switches is sensible.  Try it with
> just the first, or even without either if you don't have readline
> present.

I will give it a shot *but* I would suggest we change the wording:
--with-libedit-preferred  prefer BSD Libedit over GNU Readline

That says to me, try libedit but if it doesn't work, try readline.

But maybe that is just me.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

>             regards, tom lane

Sales/Support: +1.503.667.4564 || 24x7/Emergency: +1.800.492.2240  Providing the most comprehensive  PostgreSQL
solutionssince 1997            http://www.commandprompt.com/