Re: Problems with inconsistant query performance.

От Matthew Schumacher
Тема Re: Problems with inconsistant query performance.
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Marcin Mank wrote:
>> So the question is why on a relatively simple proc and I getting a query
>> performance delta between 3549ms and 7ms?
>
> What version of PG is it?
>
> I had such problems in a pseudo-realtime app I use here with Postgres, and
> they went away when I moved to 8.1 (from 7.4). I guess it is better shared
> buffer management code (don`t You see a
> big_query_searching_through_half_the_db just before You get this slow
> insert? ) .
>
> Greetings
> Marcin

Marcin,

It is 8.1.4, and there is searching being done on the radutmp_tab all of
the time.  It is relatively small though, only a couple of thousand
rows.  The tmpaccounting_tab table which also gets inserts is only used
for inserting, then one large query every night to flush the data to an
indexed table.

What I really need is a way to profile my proc when it runs slow so that
I can resolve which of the queries is really slow.  Anyone with an idea
on how to do this?

schu

Сообщение: Re: Problems with inconsistant query performance.
Сообщение: Re: Problems with inconsistant query performance.