how to find the number of rows inserted into the master table?

От SHARMILA JOTHIRAJAH
Тема how to find the number of rows inserted into the master table?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi,
I have a master table 'Master' with 3 partition tables 'child1', 'child2',' child3' which inherits the master table 'Master'. I have check constraints in the child tables to insert the appropriate values and also there are functions and triggers defined to do this.
My question is, if I insert a row into master, the row correctly gets inserted into the child tables. But the output always shows '0 rows inserted' since the rows are not actually inserted in to the master.
Is there a way to show the number of rows inserted into the master tables (though in reality the rows get inserted into the partitions and not the master)

Thanks in advance
shar joe