Re: Search is down

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: Search is down
Дата
Список pgsql-www
Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> Hello,
>
> We know, were on it.
>
> Joshua D. Drake

Hello,

O.k. this one is on us. We recently did an apt-get upgrade that upgraded
the kernel. Normally this is not a big deal but for some reason (haven't
really looked into it) newer kernels don't by default support the nic in
this machine.

The reason the machine didn't come right up was that updategrub was not
set to leave the menu.lst alone and thus the new kernel got booted on
reboot and no network was found.

We have resolved the updategrub issue and are reviewing the cause of the
outage.

This machine has been riding a little high on the iowait recently and I
am starting to think we may have been bit by Linux and it's not so
intelligent killing of processes.

Joshua D. Drake

              http://www.commandprompt.com/