Re: Index bloat problem in 7.4

От Markus Schaber
Тема Re: Index bloat problem in 7.4
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi, Dave,

Dave Cramer wrote:
> I am aware that more recent versions > 8.x have fixed this problem, I
> checked the 7.4 release notes but can't see if any of the fixes made it
> into 7.4.

Usually, only critical data loss and security fixes are put into the
minor updates (e. G. 7.4.0 to 7.4.13). So, if it's not in the release
notes, it is unlikely that it dit make it into the 7.4 releases.

You may try backporting it yourself, or use a cronjob or such issuing
regular REINDEX commands during the night (or whenever you have idle hours).

HTH;
Markus

www.nosoftwarepatents.org