Re: minor feature request: Secure defaults during

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: minor feature request: Secure defaults during
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Pascal Meunier wrote:
> Thanks for answering;  I appreciate it, as well as the efforts of all the
> people who contributed to this database that I now use in my projects.
>
> However, I feel that making a decision based on the number of prior and
> possible future complaints is a poor excuse to not do the right thing.  A
> low number of prior complaints simply suggests lax security audits of
> default behaviors.

At the very least we would need a way of getting the current behaviour,
if we are not to break existing applications.

People have a reasonable expectation that a dump and reload will work,
and that can't be dismissed as cavalierly as this.

Maybe a config file option would do the trick, or maybe an option to
pg_dump / pg_dumpall to make it generate the extra GRANT statement that
would be required.

cheers

andrew