Re: Adding CI to our tree

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Adding CI to our tree
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On 2022-01-18 21:50:07 -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
>> This actually causes parallel check-world to fail altogether on florican's
>> host, because the initial fsync of the recovered primary takes more than 3
>> minutes when there's conflicting I/O traffic, causing pg_ctl to time out.

> Ugh.

I misspoke there: it's the standby that is performing an fsync'd
checkpoint and timing out, during the test's promote-the-standby
step.

This test attempt revealed another problem too: the standby never
shut down, and thus the calling "make" never quit, until I intervened
manually.  I'm not sure why.  I see that Cluster::promote uses
system_or_bail() to run "pg_ctl promote" ... could it be that
BAIL_OUT causes the normal script END hooks to not get run?
But it seems like we'd have noticed that long ago.