Re: Running PostgreSQL in a Xen DomU?

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: Running PostgreSQL in a Xen DomU?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> What I'm not sure of:
>
> - Maybe it's better to run PGSQL in Dom0, on 2 different Xen units that
> are beefed up, with a few lighter DomU guest OSs running in the
> background.  Some sort of heartbeat software that allows the 2 Xen units
> to grab the PGSQL's IP address as needed.

PostgreSQL performs very, very well on Xen even in DomU. It is one of
the things that lends to the Xen credibility because they use us in
their benchmarks.

> - Performance of PGSQL in a DomU.  What are the gotchas?  Do we need to
> export PCI NICs to the PGSQL DomU?

You will take about a 5% hit over Dom0.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

              http://www.commandprompt.com/

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Question about timestamp with time zone