Re: Aggregates with internal state type?

От Markus Schaber
Тема Re: Aggregates with internal state type?
Дата
Re: Aggregates with internal state type?
Список pgsql-sql
Hi, Tom,

Tom Lane wrote:
> Markus Schaber <schabi@logix-tt.com> writes:
>> This lead me to the question whether it is possible to use "internal" as
>> state type for an Aggregate whose functions are implemented in C.
>
> No, because the system has no idea what the representation of an
> "internal" state value might be, and in particular how to copy it.
> The same goes for other pseudotypes.

Ah, I see. So there's no possibility to pass some void* kind of
intermediate data, I have to craft at least a dummy PostgreSQL datatype
for it.

This also solves the question how such things would be cleaned up in
case of an intermediate error.

Thanks,

Markus

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления:

Сообщение: Re: Aggregates with internal state type?
Сообщение: Re: Aggregates with internal state type?