Re: Two optimization questions

От Mezei Zoltán
Тема Re: Two optimization questions
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
Aaron Bono wrote:
> You could split it into sub-queries but would that make the
> performance better or worse?  I guess it depends on how much data is
> there, and what frequency you have ot the event_type's but indexing
> the event_type column would help.  This may be worth a try - use
> EXPLAIN to see which is better.

Yep, I tought of that, but the solution with having is faster now. I
think it is because about 30% of the rows are selected in the subquery
now. Later we will have more records, and the subselect should select
only about 1-2% of the rows. At that time, I think your solution will be
faster.

> Questions like this come up frequently and there are some nice solutions:
>
> See if this gives you some insight:
>
> select
>     '2006-01-15'::date + s.inc
> from
>     generate_series(0, ('2006-02-20'::date -
> '2006-01-15'::date)::integer) as s(inc)
Sup, that's just what I needed. Thank you.

Zizi

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления:

От: "Aaron Bono"
Сообщение: Re: Two optimization questions
От: Emi Lu
Сообщение: How to get all users under a group