Re: Simplifying "standby mode"

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: Simplifying "standby mode"
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Simon Riggs wrote:

> In general, log shipping between servers running different release
> levels will not be possible. However, it may be possible for servers
> running different minor release levels e.g. 8.2.1 and 8.2.2 to
> inter-operate successfully. No formal support for that is offered and
> there may be minor releases where that is not possible, so it is unwise
> to rely on that capability.

My memory is lousy at the best of times, but when have we had a minor
release that would have broken this due to changed format? OTOH, the
Primary and Backup servers need the same config settings (e.g.
--enable-integer-datetimes), architecture, compiler, etc, do they not?
Probably working from an identical set of binaries would be ideal.

cheers

andrew

Сообщение: Re: Simplifying "standby mode"
Сообщение: Re: Simplifying "standby mode"