Re: database bloat,non removovable rows, slow query etc...

От Markus Schaber
Тема Re: database bloat,non removovable rows, slow query etc...
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Hi, Matteo,

Matteo Sgalaberni wrote:

> A my collegue JDBC application that stay in "idle intransaction" 24h/24h

Just a little note: For most applications, this can be fixed updating
the JDBC driver. Old versions had the behaviour of auto-opening a new
backend transaction on commit/rollback, whereas new versions delay that
until the first statement in the new transaction is sent.

This won't fix applications that do a select and then sit idle for days
before committing/rolling back, however. Those should be fixed or use
autocommit mode.

> Good to know this...but why this behaviour? it'is lovely...:)
>
> Tom , can you explain why?...

It is because the transaction IDs are global per cluster.

Markus