Re: [pgsql-advocacy] Thought provoking piece on NetBSD

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: [pgsql-advocacy] Thought provoking piece on NetBSD
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> Training I agree with, but certifications can go either way. A good
> example of where certifications are generally NOT going to work in your
> favour is the fiasco that Oracle has created with their OCP
> certification over the past 6 or so years. So many people were pushed
> through these OCP mills that their certifications have become worthless.
> HR types were finding that these Oracle-certified dba/developers are of
> dubious quality at best -- even though they have a piece of paper
> stating that they are officially trained. I know that when we look at
> prospective employees, that designation is totally ignored. It is their
> experience and ability to do the job properly that count more than
> anything.

There are ways around that though. I don't know much about the OCP but I
know that the Cisco certs are *tough*.

Microsoft is another cert that is useless. They key is simple:

You should not be able to pass the test by reading an exam.

There needs to be things on the test that you *only* gain from real
world experience.

Joshua D. Drake

              http://www.commandprompt.com/