Re: PostgreSQL rebranding

От Lukas Kahwe Smith
Тема Re: PostgreSQL rebranding
Дата
Список pgsql-advocacy
Josh Berkus schrieb:
> Lukas,

> Note that BizgresMPP, Netezza, UltraSQL and Illustra had substantial code
> changes from the Postgres they branched off of.  For Netezza, for example,
> it would be more accurate to say that they *used* PostgreSQL code rather
> than re-branding it ... Postgres comprises only about 1/4 to 1/3 of their
> code according to the Netezza president.

Yeah thats fine. Like I said my definition of what I am looking for is
kinda fuzzy (I will try to further clarify it - I think the best
approach so far has been to say anything that either tries to be a fork
by renaming or that is a fork by changing/adding significant code that
is not intended to be made available upstream).

Anyways thanks for all the input.

So should I work on this inside the newly build wiki? I guess I will
just ask the maintainer for an account and I will see what happens :)

Otherwise I will probably just publish the list on my open source
related stuff wiki ..

regards,
Lukas