Re: database contest results

От Hans-Juergen Schoenig
Тема Re: database contest results
Дата
Re: database contest results  ("Joshua D. Drake" <jd@commandprompt.com>)
Re: database contest results  (Jeff Davis <pgsql@j-davis.com>)
Список pgsql-advocacy
Lukas Kahwe Smith wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have not studied this contest in any detail. However the performance
> differences seem kind of unrealistic:
> http://www.mysql.com/news-and-events/press-release/release_2006_35.html
>
> regards,
> Lukas

this is pure marketing.
i have seen postgres beat mysql in many many cases. same with oracle.
i assume that those tests are all done with ISAM. with ISAM everything
is fast but you cannot reboot the box without facing serious corruption.
in business applications stability is as least as important as speed.

as far as the mysql benchmark is concerned: it is like one of those
studies where professor marlboro says that smoking is good for health ...

    best regards,

       hans

--
Cybertec Geschwinde & Schönig GmbH
Schöngrabern 134; A-2020 Hollabrunn

Сообщение: Re: Getting better Google search results
Сообщение: Re: Getting better Google search results