Re: Identifying bloated tables

От Michal Taborsky - Internet Mall
Тема Re: Identifying bloated tables
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Brad Nicholson napsal(a):
>> I just put together a view, which helps us in indentifying which
>> database tables are suffering from space bloat, ie. they take up much

> Are you sure you haven't reinvented the wheel?  Have you checked out
> contrib/pgstattuple ?

Well, I wasn't aware of it, so I guess I did reinvent the wheel. I
Googled for a solution to this problem, but Googled poorly I suppose.

On the other hand, pgstattuple might be a bit difficult to use for
not-so-experienced users in answering the question "Which table should I
shrink?", as you have to first install it from contrib and then come up
with a select to pick the "worst" relations.

Anyway, if someone finds this view useful, good. If not, ignore it.

Bye.

--
Michal Táborský
IT operations chief