Re: [HACKERS] Performance testing of COPY (SELECT) TO

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Performance testing of COPY (SELECT) TO
Дата
Список pgsql-patches
Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> Böszörményi Zoltán wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> what's the problem with COPY view TO, other than you don't like it? :-)
>>

> The problem is that it required a ugly piece of code.  Not supporting it
> means we can keep the code nice.  The previous discussion led to this
> conclusion anyway so I don't know why we are debating it again.

What is so ugly about it? I haven't looked at the code, but I am curious
to know.

I also don't recall the consensus being quite so clear cut. I guess
there is a case for saying that if it's not allowed then you know that
"COPY relname TO" is going to be fast. But, code aesthetics aside, the
reasons for disallowing it seem a bit thin, to me.

cheers

andrew

Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Performance testing of COPY (SELECT) TO
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Performance testing of COPY (SELECT) TO