Re: [Pgsqlrpms-hackers] Safer auto-initdb for RPM initscript

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: [Pgsqlrpms-hackers] Safer auto-initdb for RPM initscript
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Sander Steffann wrote:
> Hi,
>

>> If this were a bulletproof solution then I'd consider it anyway, but
>> AFAICS it's got the very same vulnerabilities as the flag-file method,
>> ie, if you RPM install or upgrade while your mountable data directory
>> is offline, you can still get screwed.
>>

> Isn't the most bulletproof solution to make initdb more careful about
> overwriting an existing data directory?

It is extremely careful. The point is that the NFS mount will hide the
existing datadir from initdb.

cheers

andrew

От: "Sander Steffann"
Сообщение: Re: [Pgsqlrpms-hackers] Safer auto-initdb for RPM initscript
Сообщение: Re: [Pgsqlrpms-hackers] Safer auto-initdb for RPM init