Re: select max(column) from parent table very slow

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: select max(column) from parent table very slow
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Tom Lane wrote:
>> Sriram Dandapani wrote:
>>> Parent table has a column say column1 which is indexed (parent table and
>>> all child tables are indexed on that column)
>
>> In older versions of postgresql that would scan the whole table. In 8.1
>> and above it doesn't. However, I am guess that since this is a
>> partitioned table the planner isn't smart enough to just perform the
>> query on each child and a max on the set that is returned.
>
> It is not.  Feel free to submit a patch for planagg.c ...

I think my patch to pgbench may have set your expectations of me a bit
high ;)...

Joshua D. Drake

              http://www.commandprompt.com/

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: select max(column) from parent table very slow
Сообщение: Re: select max(column) from parent table very slow