Re: tsvector/tsearch equality and/or portability issue

От Teodor Sigaev
Тема Re: tsvector/tsearch equality and/or portability issue
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Stefan said he reproduced on OpenBSD/i386 so it is unlikely to be an
> endianness issue. Anyway, here's the comparison code- I guess it doesn't
> use strcmp to avoid encoding silliness. (?)

I suppose that ordering for tsvector type is some strange and it hasn't any
matter. For me, it's a secret why it's needed :)
The reason of bug was: some internal parts of tsvector should be shortaligned,
so there was an unused bytes. Previous comparing function compares they too...

  WWW: http://www.sigaev.ru/