Re: bytea memory improvement

От till toenges
Тема Re: bytea memory improvement
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
Luis Vilar Flores wrote:
>     Hope to hear some feedback soon, hope I didn't forget anything ...

I have an idea for a minor improvement. The MAX_3_BUFF_SIZE is set to 0.
Actually, you can immediately return an empty byte array if the size of
the incomming buffer is 0; that could be a static final byte[], because
nobody could do anything with it anyway. In all other cases, the 2
buffer method is simpler and faster, because it uses fewer buffers and
memory accesses, and is therefore the right solution.

Till