Re: Porting CRM Application to Postgres

От Andreas Pflug
Тема Re: Porting CRM Application to Postgres
Дата
Список pgsql-advocacy
Rich Shepard wrote:
> On Mon, 21 Aug 2006, Andreas Pflug wrote:
>
>> Um, they already state " To the best of our knowledge, XRMS has been
>> successfully deployed on ..., Postgres, ..." Maybe you just need a
>> recent
>> update.
>
> Andreas,
>
>   I know. I read that, too. I asked about this both on the forum and
> in an
> e-mail to one of the developers. No response.
>
>   However, I'm running postgres-8.1.4 and the latest CVS download from
> Xrms.
> It now installs without error, but will not run. As soon as I select the
> Administration menu, for example, I get an error message and cannot add
> users, change the demo user, or do anything else.
>
>   Is there more for me to upgrade that I've missed? I've php-4.4.4
> installed
> here.
This sounds like a support problem to me, sad you didn't get any response.
Since they say "runs on any SQL RDBMS", you've probably hit an
installation issue or some kind of bug, but not a fundamentally
unported/rdbms-specific app. You're probably best off if somebody of the
XRMS people tells you what's wrong. If you can't get answers, XRMS is a
dead system, not suitable for usage unless you like deep hacking. For
sure, this forum is the wrong one for XRMS support. For almost immediate
answers (!) to postgresql-specific questions, go to pgsql-general.

Regards,
Andreas

От: Rich Shepard
Сообщение: Re: Porting CRM Application to Postgres
От: "Joshua D. Drake"
Сообщение: Re: Porting CRM Application to Postgres