Re: BUG #2579: initcap should not capitalize letter

От Stefan Kaltenbrunner
Тема Re: BUG #2579: initcap should not capitalize letter
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Bruce Momjian wrote:
> Dan Franklin wrote:
>> Good point.  It is probably not possible to get
>> it perfect.  But I think that possessives and
>> contractions occur more often in a typical body
>> of text than Irish names.  So it would be right
>> more often, even if it is still wrong some of the time.
>>

> The function came from Oracle.  How does Oracle's initcap() handle this?

looks like our behaviour is similiar to what oracle does:

Oracle Database 10g Express Edition Release 10.2.0.1.0 - Production

SQL> select initcap('John''s Parents') from DUAL;

INITCAP('JOHN'
John'S Parents

SQL> select initcap('Flann O''Brian') from DUAL;

INITCAP('FLAN
Flann O'Brian

Stefan

Сообщение: Re: BUG #2579: initcap should not capitalize letter
Сообщение: Re: BUG #2579: initcap should not capitalize letter