upgrading from pg74.216.jdbc3.jar to 8.1-407 JDBC 3 Shoud I?

От David Gagnon
Тема upgrading from pg74.216.jdbc3.jar to 8.1-407 JDBC 3 Shoud I?
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
Hi all,

  I'm running 8.4 and to make a short story I'm doing some test with my
Tomcat/postgresql application.  I shutdown the service and restart it
and notice that sometime just get ConnectionResetByPeerException (If I
remember well).  So I tried  the latest JDBC driver to see if I will get
this problem and run into this, I suppose really common problem:

BUG [main] (MappedStatement.java:908)  2006-08-14 07:46:43,062 : Error
executing 'role.getList' in '[Reader passed to buildSqlMap()]'. Check
the SQL statement. Cause: org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: L'opération
nécessite un scrollable ResultSet, mais ce ResultSet est FORWARD_ONLY.
org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: L'opération nécessite un scrollable
ResultSet, mais ce ResultSet est FORWARD_ONLY.

Is there a way to default the JDBC driver so it behave like pg74.216 ?
The code come from a library so I cannot modify it? Is there a work around?

On the other side is it worth upgrading to 8.1 driver.  Can he solve my
reliability problem.  (stability, reliability, etc.).. should I upgrade?

Thanks for your help !

Best Regards
/David