Re: Slow access to PostgreSQL server

От Markus Schaber
Тема Re: Slow access to PostgreSQL server
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Hi, Phil,

Phil Cairns wrote:

> Has anyone experienced this sort of thing before? We're running with
> 8.0.4. My application uses libpg, while another application is using
> OLEDB. Both the native and OLEDB layers exhibit the delay on the "slow"
> machines, and have no problems on the "fast" machines. Note that the
> laptops are in no way inferior to the desktop machines in terms of CPU,
> RAM, etc.

Can you try to rsync / netcat some large files / random data through
nonstandard ports in both directions, and see whether that reproduces
the behaviour? I also think using PostgreSQL on port 80 might be an
interesting test.

It might be a driver or "security software" issue...

When http and network drive transfers work fast, but transfers on
nonstandard ports (postgreSQL uses 5432) work slow, I'd suspect some
personal firewall or antivirus network filtering software.

HTH,
Marku