Re: 8.2 features status

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: 8.2 features status
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> What this story does do for me is reinforce the notion that it's
> critical for newbie developers to work "in the open", getting feedback
> from the lists at an early stage about what they are doing.  If you go
> off in a corner and develop a patch for a TODO item, you risk having it
> rejected because you misunderstood what the TODO item was about.

I 100% agree with this. Newbie developers should be in the open and it
kind of lends itself to my Mentors idea that I mentioned previously.

The problem I see is that even if they are in the open we make it fairly
difficult to get the information they need to get started.

> Maybe the connection is that while thinking about processes, we need
> to take into account the need to encourage people to get early
> feedback about what they are considering doing.

Agreed.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

>             regards, tom lane

Sales/Support: +1.503.667.4564 || 24x7/Emergency: +1.800.492.2240   Providing the most comprehensive  PostgreSQL
solutionssince 1997             http://www.commandprompt.com/