Re: shared_buffer optimization

От Ruben Rubio
Тема Re: shared_buffer optimization
Дата
Список pgsql-performance

So ...
I have tried different values. The best one for one day sentences seems
to be 24576

IO in vmstat has the lowest values
"id" (idle) has the biggest values.

I have created an script that executes all day sentences to try that.

By the way, could u explain a little bit this?

"The "rule of thumb" is to set shared buffers to the lesser of 10000
 and 15% of system memory.  In your case, that would be the lesser of
 10000 and 78643, which is 10000."

Im sorry but im not understanding it at all.

Thanks in advance.