Re: most bang for buck with ~ $20,000

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: most bang for buck with ~ $20,000
Дата
Список pgsql-performance

> In which case, which is theoretically better (since I don't have a
> convenient test bed at the moment) for WAL in a write-heavy environment?
> More disks in a RAID 10 (which should theoretically improve write
> throughput in general, to a point) or a 2-disk RAID 1? Does it become a
> price/performance question, or is there virtually no benefit to throwing
> more disks at RAID 10 for WAL if you turn off journaling on the filesystem?

Over 4 drives, I would gather that RAID 10 wouldn't gain you anything.
Possibly over 6 or 8 however, it may be faster because you are writing
smaller chunks of data, even if two copies of each.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

              http://www.commandprompt.com/

Сообщение: Re: most bang for buck with ~ $20,000
Сообщение: Re: most bang for buck with ~ $20,000