Re: PostgreSQL scalability on Sun UltraSparc T1

От Markus Schaber
Тема Re: PostgreSQL scalability on Sun UltraSparc T1
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Hi, Arjen,

Arjen van der Meijden wrote:

> It was the 8core version with 16GB memory... but actually that's just
> overkill, the active portions of the database easily fits in 8GB and a
> test on another machine with just 2GB didn't even show that much
> improvements when going to 7GB (6x1G, 2x 512M), it was mostly in the
> range of 10% improvement or less.

I'd be interested in the commit_siblings and commit_delay settings,
tuning them could give a high increase on throughput for highly
concurrent insert/update workloads, at the cost of latency (and thus
worse results for low concurrency situations).

Different fsync method settings can also make a difference (I presume
that syncing was enabled).

HTH,
Markus