Re: Disk writes

От Markus Schaber
Тема Re: Disk writes
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Hi, Reimer,

carlosreimer wrote:

> There is some performance problems with the server and I discovered with
> vmstat tool that there is some process writing a lot of information in
> the disk subsystem.
[..]
> I could I discover who is sending so many data to the disks?

It could be something triggered by your crontab (updatedb comes in my
mind, or texpire from leafnode etc.).

Another idea would be that you have statement logging on, or something
else that produces lots of kernel or syslog messages[1], and your
syslogd is configured to sync() after every line...

HTH,
Markus

[1] We once had such a problem because an ill-compiled kernel having USB
verbose logging on...