Re: 8.2 features status

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: 8.2 features status
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Luke Lonergan wrote:
> +1
>
> UPDATE/DELETE for CE are a big deal - I really wish we had INSERT too, then
> we'd be able to claim "complete" support for partitioning, but this is a big
> deal improvement.

I haven't be following this but.. does the above mean that if CE is
turned on and they are partitioned tables, I don't have to use a trigger
for update/delete operations?

Joshua D. Drake

> - Luke
>

> On 8/3/06 9:30 PM, "Gavin Sherry" <swm@linuxworld.com.au> wrote:
>
>> A lot of the things on Tom's list are new bits of functionality to things
>> added around 8.0 and 8.1 (major enhancements to the usability of
>> constraint exclusion, for example).

Sales/Support: +1.503.667.4564 || 24x7/Emergency: +1.800.492.2240   Providing the most comprehensive  PostgreSQL
solutionssince 1997             http://www.commandprompt.com/