Re: 8.2 feature set

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: 8.2 feature set
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Robert Treat wrote:
> On Wednesday 02 August 2006 18:04, Bruce Momjian wrote:
>> I am thinking we will portray 8.2 as a release focused on usability
>> improvements.  We do have a few large features, like perhaps bit-mapped
>> indexes, but in general, the release has a lot of additions that make
>> things easier to use, rather than adding new features or performance.
>
> In theory I agree with you, though it would be nice to get an updated copy of
> the release notes before we solidify that judgement. Any eta on when you plan
> to do them up? (Yeah, I realize we haven't applied all patches yet)
>
> On a side note... has the on-disk format changed for this release? I don't
> recall seeing anything that changed it, but could have easily missed
> something.

Well if an initdb was not required, I think that would be a huge feature
;) (I know it may not work release over release)

Joshua D. Drake

Sales/Support: +1.503.667.4564 || 24x7/Emergency: +1.800.492.2240   Providing the most comprehensive  PostgreSQL
solutionssince 1997             http://www.commandprompt.com/