Re: Forcing current WAL file to be archived

От Tim Allen
Тема Re: Forcing current WAL file to be archived
Дата
Список pgsql-patches
Albe Laurenz wrote:
> Simon Riggs wrote:
>
>>Patch included to implement xlog switching, using an xlog record
>>"processing instruction" and forcibly moving xlog pointers.
>>
>>1. Happens automatically on pg_stop_backup()
>

> Oh - so it will not be possible to do an online backup
> _without_ forcing a WAL switch any more?

Well, previously, you would have always had to simulate a wal switch, by
working out which is the current wal file and copying that. Otherwise
your online backup wouldn't be complete.

What Simon is describing sounds like a big step forward from that
situation. It should let me delete half the code in my pitr
backup/failover scripts. Definitely a Good Thing.

> Laurenz Albe

Tim

Вложения

Сообщение: Re: Forcing current WAL file to be archived
Сообщение: Re: Forcing current WAL file to be archived