Performances with new Intel Core* processors

От Jonathan Ballet
Тема Performances with new Intel Core* processors
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Hello,

I've read a lot of mails here saying how good is the Opteron with PostgreSQL,
and a lot of people seems to recommend it (instead of Xeon).

However, it seems that new Intel processors, Core Duo and Core 2 Duo, performs
very well, in desktop environment at least.

I wonder what can we expect with them, do anybody have done any experiments with
those processors ?

Regards,
    Jonathan Ballet