Disk is full, what's cool to get rid of?

От Erik Jones
Тема Disk is full, what's cool to get rid of?
Дата
Re: Disk is full, what's cool to get rid of?
Список pgsql-sql
Hello, quick question.  I've run into an issue with the disk that my
development box is on filling up and preventing pretty much any writing
(inserts, updates, deletes, etc...) from happening.  Other than some
piddly text logs the db is pretty much the only thing on the box.  So,
my question is:  what can I do to free space and run a full vacuum? (I
was not the one who set up this box and there has been virtually no
administration or maintenance on it that I know of...)  How about the
WAL files in pg_xlog?  How critical are they when no data on the system
is critical in and of itself?  Any suggestions would be greatly
appreciated...

--
erik jones <erik@myemma.com>
software development