JDBC

От gustavo halperin
Тема JDBC
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hello

I'm new with DB, I'm reading the PostgreSQL doc 8.1.
I almost use the PostgreSQL from the 'psql' terminal and also I prove
the Toolkit Tora, and Open Office using ODBC driver. I have problem
using the JDBC driver, I always receive the error: "A driver is not
registered for the URL jdbc:postgresql://localhost/accs"
By the way, also try instead the word "accs" the name of the DataBase
and also with and without the localhost, but always the driver looks not
registered.  I also write "org.postgresql.Driver" in the JDBC driver
class place. So you know what can be the problem??

 Second question, the Open Office using the driver ODBC can work only
with tables created with "IODS" column, the same restriccion is for the
JDBC driver ??

 Last question, I want to design for my mother, 60 years old, a
PostgreSQL DB. The DB that she need will have around of 10000 rows each
table and approximate 3 o 4 tables. There are any simple client
application that don't need SQL acknowledgments that you recommend for
her.Or if I want something simple I must write it, maybe using 'libpq'
together with some Toolkit, for example 'FLTK'.

    Thank you very much,
             Gustavo