Re: sequences vs oids as primary keys

От Kenneth Downs
Тема Re: sequences vs oids as primary keys
Дата
Список pgsql-general
craigp wrote:

>1) does it make sense (and would it be possible) to make a rule which would,
>say, somehow write into the oid field of a tuple to be returned by lastoid? i'm
>assuming here that the database would not have oid's enabled.

We do this in a trigger.  We assign the NEXTVAL to a variable, write
that to the row, then raise its value as a notice.  Then we just
retrieve the notice.

Вложения

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: gmake Errors: pg_backup_archiver.c: undefined reference to `lo_create'
От: Wes
Сообщение: Re: Lock changes with 8.1 - what's the right lock?