plPHP and plRuby

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема plPHP and plRuby
Дата
Re: plPHP and plRuby  (Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Hello,

We were going to submit plPHP to core for inclusion but it is not ready
yet. Namely it requires the apache SAPI which could introduce some
portability issues. The other issues it has (such as some array parsing
problems) are minor and could probably be fixed easily within the beta
period but the SAPI is a show stopper.

As some of you know, we have also procured permission to relicense
plRuby so that the project can include it in core. I have a version that
works with -HEAD.

However plRuby is even a stranger beast as it uses an entirely ruby
build system. I am also fairly confident that it does not meat the
PostgreSQL style guidelines.

Is there enough interest in plRuby to get it where it needs to be for
possible inclusion into core?

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

Sales/Support: +1.503.667.4564 || 24x7/Emergency: +1.800.492.2240   Providing the most comprehensive  PostgreSQL
solutionssince 1997             http://www.commandprompt.com/